Wednesday, September 7, 2011

{The Type A } Mommy's Rules for Naptime



Yes, these are all subconscious rules I abide by when I have more than one child in my home (which is 5 days a week). I think it all stems from the first few months I started babysitting and naps were all over the place and I hardly had a half hour alone all day. I guess you could say I'm a little high strung.....but then again who wouldn't be when you have 4 two year olds, a 7 month old, and a 6 and 3 year old sprinkled in?

#1.
Synchronize sleeping-get everyone to sleep at the same time: longer sleepers go to bed first, short nappers go down last. Everyone goes to bed between 12:50 and 1:10pm. This maximizes mommy's time with everyone asleep, a.k.a. the best part of the day.



#2.
Turn phone on vibrate. Any unnecessary phone calls can leave a message. I'll be darned if a phone call wakes up one of the kids. {Silently curse if Mommy forgets this rule.}


#3.
Hold pee as long as possible.

#4. 
If a trip to the bathroom is unavoidable.....Do not, I repeat, DO NOT flush the toilet.



#5.
When walking in the hallway: Carefully step over the spot on the floor that makes that loud cracking sound. This has never woken anyone up before.....but Mommy does not take chances.

#6.
Any of the good food (ice cream, cookies, candy, etc.) must be consumed while kids are sleeping. Otherwise Mommy won't get any because they will all want some too.



#7.
If using microwave: Open door before it beeps. This beep could be detrimental to the slumber of the lightest sleeper-- this is also usually the most high maintenance child.....so he or she must not be awakened.

#8.
Everything that is done must be done with the utmost concentration on doing it as quietly as humanly possible....like Facebooking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment